- The silent danger that is the number 1 cause of blindness in Thai people.
Do you know?
1) Glaucoma is the cause of blindness number 2 in the world.
In Thailand, glaucoma is the number 1 cause of incurable blindness.
3) Number of blind people worldwide 4.5million people and the number has increased to 11.2 million people in the year2020
4) In almost half of developed countries still do not know that they are high 90%
How do you know you won't be one of them?
What is glaucoma?
- Glaucoma is an elevated eye pressure. which damages the optic nerve and resulting in loss of vision, such as in cases of eye pressure greater than 22 mm Hg Is a disease with degeneration of the optic nerve, , in the case of normal eye pressure is 5-22 mm Hg.
Glaucoma is a silent threat that unwittingly threatens the eyes, and if left untreated and untreated, can eventually lead to permanent vision loss.
Who is at risk for glaucoma?
- People at risk of developing glaucoma include older people 40 years old has a family history of glaucoma Detects high eye pressure have had an eye accident use of steroid drugs have farsightedness or myopia having certain chronic diseases such as diabetes, migraines, etc.
Warning signs of glaucoma?
1) No warning signs in the early stages
2) Visibility loss begins at the outer edge of the field of vision, i.e. side vision. The middle part of the image is also clearly visible. (In the case of non-career, the field of vision becomes narrower and narrower.)
3) The changes are usually gradual without the patient's knowledge.
4) have abnormal vision or not clearly visible (this cause is often destroyed, which is dangerous to the eyes)acute glaucoma must be treated immediately
5) Which is a condition in which the pressure is very high and fast It is an emergency that requires immediate treatment.
6) Patients with headaches, severe eye pain and sudden red eyes, rainbow vision around the sun, nausea, vomiting, need to see a physician for treatment immediately. (However, acute stones are rarely found.)