- Influenza is an Influenza virus infection. It is a respiratory infection such as nose, neck, airway and lungs. The infection may spread to the lungs, causing swelling.
- Patients will have high fever, headache, body aches, and muscle aches. It is found at all ages, especially in children, it is especially common.
– The death rate is often found in people over 60 years of age or those with congenital diseases such as heart disease, lung disease, liver disease, kidney disease, etc.
– Vaccination against influenza is the most effective way.
- It can reduce the rate of infection reduce the rate of hospitalization Reduce complications, reduce absence from work or stop studying.
Contact: This infection is easily transmitted by the respiratory tract. The methods of contact are:
- Contact by coughing or sneezing, the virus enters through the mucous membranes of the eyes and mouth.
– Touching the patient's phlegm through a cup, cloth, or kiss.
- Touch a infected hand.
Symptoms: The symptoms of influenza are the same as that of a common cold. But the flu is faster. Higher fever, the main symptoms are
Approximate incubation period 1- 4 days average 2 days
- The patient will experience acute fatigue.
- Tired of food, nausea.
– Severe headache
- Arms, legs, joints, pain around the eyes.
- The high fever is 39 to 40 degrees in children, adults, and fever is about 38 degrees.
- Have a sore throat, red throat, runny nose.
- Dry cough, red eyes.
– In children, there may be nausea and vomiting. Fever, nausea and vomiting will disappear in 2 days, but the runny nose and nasal congestion may last for 1 week.
For those with severe symptoms, it usually occurs in the elderly or has a disease.
– May be found to have inflammation of the pericardium The patient will have chest pain, shortness of breath.
- May have meningitis The patient will have headache, lethargy, loss of consciousness, the respiratory system may have symptoms of pneumonia. I'll be panting, tired until I have a heart attack.
– Influenza generally clears up in a few days. But some people may have joint pain and cough for up to 2 weeks.
Contact: Contact refers to the length of time the infection can reach others.
- The duration of contact is one day before the onset of symptoms.
- Five days after the symptoms
- In children, it may be infectious 6 days before symptoms appear and infectious for 10 days.
The prevention of the flu and flu.
- Avoid getting close to people who have a cold.
- Wash your hands often.
- Avoid unnecessarily touching one's face with one's hands.
- Keep your body healthy by getting enough rest, eating healthy, and exercising regularly.
– Influenza can be prevented by vaccination. At present, influenza vaccination is recommended from 6 months of age, especially for children. and the elderly as well as the risk groups mentioned above.