HEALTH SCREENING CENTER
Health check-up center Ladprao Hospital
Health check-up center Ladprao Hospital
– Is a center that provides comprehensive health check-up services, One Stop Service with various types of check-up items and covers target groups of all genders and ages
Ready to serve to meet every need of everyone.
– Annual health check
– Health check before marriage
– Health check before taking out life insurance
– Health check before work
– Health check to study abroad
– Elderly health check
Preparing for a health checkup (general advice)
– The health check-up takes more than 2 hours depending on the selected program.
– Abstain from food and beverages at least 12 hours before the check-up.
– Bring your ID card or passport to the staff at least 10 minutes before the scheduled time.
- Get enough sleep
– If you have any underlying disease or other health history Please bring the results of your doctor's report and any medications you are taking with you for diagnosis.
– If you are taking medication to control blood pressure You can continue eating as recommended by your doctor.
– Please refrain from drinking alcohol at least 24 hours before the check-up. ((in the case of receiving X-ray or endoscopy of the upper gastrointestinal tract)
– Abstain from food, water and all kinds of beverages at least 12 hours before the check-up. and must refrain until the examination is completed ((in the case of undergoing a heart fitness test while exercising)
– Please bring sports shoes.
– If you need to eat before the examination Only light snacks should be eaten. Avoid fatty foods, caffeine, and alcohol.
– If you are currently receiving treatment or taking medication Please inform the nurse before the examination.
Suggestion for abdomen ultrasound
– To provide the clearest examination results Lower abdominal ultrasound examination should drink a lot of water and hold urine for 1-2 hours before the examination
– Upper ultrasound section Should abstain from food and water 9-10 hours before the examination.
What is a health check-up and is it necessary?
– There are often misunderstandings about the meaning of health check-ups, for example, going to check-up because of back pain. or chest pain, etc. This is not a medical examination. But it is a consultation for a doctor to analyze and find the cause of that symptom or disease.
– Health check-up is to prevent disease in people who are at risk to be found in the future. The appropriate person to be examined is a person who is in good health. Suspicion of disease/risk to be encountered in the future And would like to receive advice to modify, correct, prevent disease, for example, after a health check and found that there is high blood fat If you are not sick, then you can adjust your dietary habits. And exercise regularly to prevent future clogged artery disease, etc.
Why should we have checkup?
– Good health is something everyone desires, so it is a good idea to have a health check-up at least once a year. in order to know the integrity and readiness of the body It can also diagnose some diseases in the early stages that are unable to show symptoms, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. Annual health check-ups Therefore, it is like preparing for the disease in the future. Choosing what to check Depending on age, gender, occupation, family history and physical condition at that time You may choose a health check-up program yourself. Or you can have your doctor recommend it. for you to receive a medical examination as appropriate
What does checkup include?
– General health check-up principles consist of history taking, physical examination, laboratory tests such as blood tests, urine tests, x-rays, and how much will be examined depending on age group, female or male, risk factors from personal or human history. in the family or nature of occupation where you can get additional advice to support the examination
Benefit of medical checkup
– Health checkups are very helpful. Especially in finding risk factors for future disease. In order to prevent and eliminate the risk factors before the disease. treatment before the disease can be replaced in the early stages such as cancerได้ในระยะเริ่มแรก เช่น โรคมะเร็ง
– There are many risk factors for the disease, such as eating incorrectly, such as high-fat foods. Resulting in hyperlipidemia and the risk of coronary artery disease cerebrovascular disease, eating spicy food on time causes gastritis, , drinking alcohol is the cause of pancreatitis Alcoholism, cirrhosis, liver cancer, including causing accidents easily, , not exercising is the cause of obesity. which resulted in diabetes Hyperlipidemia, vitamin deficiency, fatty liver, hepatitis and liver cancer in the future
– Laboratory results Some lead to finding risk factors and preventing them, for example, a lung x-ray before work reveals inflammation in the lungs. Upon further investigation, it was found that he had pulmonary tuberculosis. which the disease can be transmitted to family members and colleagues
– A blood test before marriage reveals abnormal red blood cells or anemia. In some cases, they are carriers of thalassemia. can be passed on to children In addition, blood tests may reveal other sexually transmitted diseases such as syphilis, venereal disease, HIV
- abnormal liver function or found viral hepatitis
- Stool examination reveals red blood cells. On rectal endoscopy, colon cancer was found. if the first stage can be cured
– Certain vaccinations or medications are also part of health care to prevent disease according to the CDC and the World Health Organization (WHO), such as the tetanus and diphtheria vaccines. which causes death, rubella vaccine Hepatitis A, B vaccine, influenza vaccine, etc.
– Bone density test to look at osteoporosis (Bone density) that can cause fractures in the future.
– Test for sex hormones in postmenopausal women (Perimenopause) can be seen that the health check. Focus on preventing disease. receiving advice to avoid risky activities or consumption behavior which may lead to disease To be careful and maintain good health forever.
Description of Checkup lists
– The following items are included in our health check-up packages. These details are provided to help establish an understanding of the annual health checkup and assessment of the health status of the patient if abnormal results are present. You may need to do a more specific test or repeat the test to assess the problem. depending on the results of the examination
Note : These are the items that are specified in the health check package only. health check-up center Ladprao Hospital Many other types of testing are also available that are not listed here.
1) Vital signs measurement and physical examination
– Find anomalies of blood pressure and abnormalities that can be found preliminarily from a medical examination pulse rate , breathing , fever
2) blood test
- Complete Blood Count (CBC): It is examine for finding abnormalities of blood contents such as erythrocytes, leucocyte, platelet and blood morphology which can indicate blood disease, anemia or immunity of body.
– Blood glucose test + accumulated sugar (Hb1C): This is a test for the detection of diabetes. and risk of developing diabetes
– Blood lipid test: It measures the level of fat, cholesterol, triglycerides. to identify the risk of coronary heart disease
– Test for gout (uric acid): It is a measurement to measure uric acid levels. in the blood to diagnose gout arthritis
3) Kidney function test
- BUN: (Blood Urea Nitrogen): It is measure waste of protein metabolism which indicates waste excretion capacity of kidney.
– Creatinine : is a measurement of waste Absorption and excretion through the kidneys which can indicate kidney function well
4) liver function test
– SGOT (AST) and SGPT (ALT) : These tests check the levels of liver enzymes present in the blood. It may indicate certain liver conditions, such as alcoholic or viral hepatitis.
– Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) : is another liver enzyme that indicates liver , gallbladder , bone disorders.
– Total Bilirubin, Albumin, Globulin : This test is used together to identify many liver diseases. such as yellow liver disease or not and diseases that are based on nephrotic syndrome
– Gamma GT (GGT) : This is a test that looks at abnormalities of the liver and gallbladder. which can be found in drinking alcohol and infection , inflammation
– Thyroid function TSH and Free T4 are tests that help identify thyroid problems. such as malfunctioning or working too little
– Hepatitis B and C virus test: This is a test to diagnose hepatitis B and hepatitis C virus infection.
5) Cancer marker test
- Carcinoembryonic Antigen(CEA): It is examination to screen risks of gastrointestinal cancer from blood samples. Higher result than normal does not always indicate cancer; the patient should be additionally examined with endoscopy.
– Gastrointestinal cancer screening (AFP) : This is a test to screen for the risk of gastrointestinal cancer from blood. A result above normal does not always indicate cancer. should be examined further by gastrointestinal endoscopy
– Liver Cancer Screening (PSA) : This is a test to screen the risk of liver cancer from blood. A result above normal does not always indicate cancer. should be examined further by ultrasound in the abdomen
6) Urine test
- General examination to diagnose urinary tract diseases and kidney diseases such as kidney stone and urinary tract infection.
7) stool examination
– It is a test for parasites. and gastrointestinal disorders such as intestinal infections/worms
8) Electrocardiogram (EKG) Related Tests
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) : A test used to assess resting heart function, especially to look for abnormal heart rhythms and risk of heart attack.
- Electrocardiography (EST) : This is a test of heart function during exercise to look for myocardial ischemia.
- Lung X-Ray: Lung X-ray is used to look for chest abnormalities such as heart size, lung diseases and ribs fracture as well as screening risks of tuberculosis.
- Abdominal ultrasound: It is divided upper and lower abdomen Upper: It is effective to finding size and abnormalities of abdominal organs such as liver, gallbladder, spleen, pancreas,kidney , abdominal aorta , Lymph node etc Lower: It is used for examine uterus and ovary of women and prostate gland in men.
- Breast check with Digital Mammogram and ultrasound: It is examination for breast cancer and other abnormalities of breast.
10) Internal Audit
It is examine pelvic floor to search for genital abnormalities (vagina, cervix, uterus, ovary and adnexa) , pregnancy .And also to check abnormalities of cervical cells and possibility of woman’s cancer and infection. •Let your doctor know if you’re menstruating because it may affect your results.
11) Eye examination (general eye examination and color blindness test)
– This is a general eye health examination, symptoms of short- and long-term , eye disease
For more details, please contact
Health check-up center Medical Center of Excellence Building (Building 3), 3rd floor Tel: 0-2530-2556 ext. 3300, 3301
Dr.Chawalit WongsuthipolBachelor of Medicine Faculty of Medicine (Chiang Mai University)
GENERAL MEDICINE, FAMILY MEDICINEDOCTOR INFORMATION
Dr.Parunyoo SukhanindrBachelor of Medicine Faculty of Medicine (Prince of Songkla University,Thailand)
GENERAL PRACTICEDOCTOR INFORMATION